Cloud Eggs – the foodies latest trend!
No more poaching, scrambling or frying, it seems it is now time we all whipped our eggs – whites that is before re-introducing the yokes and then we should bake the whites and yolks, to create a fluffy cloud.
There is even a health benefit as the cooking involves no oil or fat and provides a healthy protein rich brunch with as little as 160 calories.
If you’d like to give them a go, I found a basic recipe here from the Burton Mail –
- Separate the whites from the yolk.
- Whip up the whites until they get a thick, bouncy consistency like meringue.
- Spoon your whipped egg whites onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, making a little round cloud shape.
- Bake the egg whites in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until they’re cooked through.
- Then place the yolk on top and bake for another couple of minutes, so the yolk is gently cooked to your liking, and the whites begin to brown.
- All done! Your cloud eggs are ready. Bon appetite!
You can read more and see lots of Instagram pics here and also a video on the Daily Mail